Friday 13 January 2012

Literary Round-up

Hi all




As today is Friday 13th, I thought I would do something to distract your minds from the sense of impending doom that seems to be present on this date and have gathered together a few of my favourite book related discoveries to share with you all. If my literary round-up proves popular, I may even make it a regular feature and would be pleased to hear what you think.

On Wednesday, the excellent Guardian Book Blog  featured an interesting post about Twitter and how it is being used by authors to communicate with each other- "a virtual literary salon" as it is described in the post's title.
I have been using Twitter for quite a while but it is only recently that I have become a fan.- I love its immediacy and its brevity and I know that many users love the fact that it allows them to communicate directly with their favourite celebrity.



My new book blog discovery of the week, Life Between Pages is written by Sophie who has similar literary interests to myself. Her blog is attractive to look at and her posts insightful and interesting. I look forward to reading more and wish her well with her blogging adventures.




Something that has got me really excited, is Sharing the Passion- A Celebration of Reading and Writing which is going to be taking place in my local arts centre. I live in a small town in rural Dorset and to have an event of this nature is quite something. Needless to say, I have already booked my ticket and am counting down the days!


An exciting forthcoming TV event happening very soon is the BBC adaptation of Sebastian Faulke's Birdsong.
I have read this book several times and it is probably in my top 20 favourite books of all time. I am intrigued by the casting of Eddie Redmayne in the lead role as he isn't at all how I imagine the character to look. However, I am a fan of Eddie's from his previous roles in The Pillars of the Earth and Tess of the Durbevilles and think he is a talented actor so I am sure he will be able to pull it off.

Finally, my absolute favourite online booky highlight of the week has to be this video. I am sure many of you will have already seen this piece of genius created by the owners of Type Bookshop in Toronto.
If you haven't then you are in for a treat. I have watched it several times now and can't stop marvelling at how clever this is and how much time it must have taken to do.

I really hope you have enjoyed my literary round-up and that it has gone a little way toward making today a bit brighter.

Hope your weekend includes some quality reading time. I am sure mine will.

x

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for mentioning my blog, Tracey! I'm so glad you like it. Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete