Friday 15 April 2011

What to read next?

Having just finished The Piano Teacher by Janice Y.K Lee, ( review to follow) I am struggling with what to read next.
My TBR pile grows larger on a daily basis but I can still look at all of the books and think I have nothing to read!
Choosing my next book is a very important decision to make. As my blog header says " So Many Books, So Little Time" and because of this, I don't want to waste time on starting anything that I won't finish.

How do you choose your next book? Do you have a system or do you pick one randomly?
I would love to hear your selection processes and also how much of a chance do you give a book? I find that if the story doesn't grab me within the first chapter then it is cast aside in the search for something better.

I used to feel some guilt about this as I am known as being someone who has a habit of starting things and not finishing them. However, in my blogging experience, I have come to realise that I am not alone.
Steph Su Reads is one such like minded soul. Check out her blog as it makes interesting reading.

OK so I have just taken a brief break from writing this and  have finally chosen my next book " The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". I am probably one of the only people on the planet not to have read this. I usually avoid books where there has been so much hype surrounding them but for some reason I have been drawn to this on my bookshelf. I will let you know how I get on.


Hope you all have a relaxing weekend with plenty of time to read.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog Tracey - but I need your help to make mine look as good as yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually read books sent to me specifically for a review first, but otherwise it depends what takes my fancy. I have quite a TBR pile and I like a number of different genres. Sometimes I'll fancy crime, other times a YA or urban fantasy book.

    ReplyDelete